Paid Time Off (PTO)
PTO is calculated by:
- The minimum annual leave entitlement is 21 days for employees over the age of 18.
In addition, depending on the number of years of employment, an employee is entitled to additional leave:
- 5-10 years – additional 2 days of leave
- 10-15 years- additional 4 days of leave
- 15 or more years- 6 additional days of leave
Annual leave can be broken down to multiple leave periods, however, one of the leave periods must be 2 weeks in length.
There are 14 public holidays in Azerbaijan.
The duration of sick leave entitlement provided to workers is dependent on how long they have been employed by their employer:
- For the first 14 days of illness, it is the responsibility of the employer to pay sick leave compensation.
- After 14 days, sick leave is paid by the State Social Protection Fund.
- In order to receive this benefit, employees must be able to provide a medical certificate and can be extended by 3-6 day increments.
Women are entitled to a total of 126 days of maternity leave and can begin 70 days before the expected due date.
If the mother endured a difficult birth or the birth of more than one child, maternity leave can be extended for an additional 14 days.
Maternity leave is paid by the State Social Protection Fund.
Compensation is 100% of the average monthly salary of the past 12 months.
Fathers can take 14 days of unpaid paternity leave following the birth of a child.