Paid Time Off (PTO)
PTO is calculated by the:
- Employees are entitled to 2 working weeks of paid leave per year.
There are 13 public holidays.
The duration of sick leave entitlement provided to workers is dependent on how long they have been employed by their employer:
- An employee is entitled to sick leave after working for an employee for 60 days.
- Within a 12-month period, the employee is entitled to 16 days of paid sick leave.
- In order to receive payment, the employee should present a medical certificate to the employer.
- After the 16th day, social security pays for sickness.
- Sickness benefits are paid for up to 234 days; 80% of average weekly insurable earnings for the first 156 days, and 60% of average weekly insurable earnings for the remaining 78 days.
Female employees are entitled to 14 weeks of paid maternity leave. Up to 7 weeks of leave can be taken before the birth of the child. A minimum of two weeks prenatal and 7 weeks postnatal leave is mandatory.
Employees receive 80% of their average weekly earnings. The minimum benefit 44.00 BZD a week and the maximum benefit is 384.00 BZD a week.
Paternity leave is not required by law.