Paid Time Off (PTO)
After the first month of probation, employees are entitled to 5 weeks of annual leave.
There are 11 public holidays.
An employee must put in at least 150 hours of work in the past 3 months or 90 days immediately before the leave or have contributed based on earnings of at least 1,015 times the legal hourly minimum wage in the last six calendar months.
A payment of 50% of the insured’s daily earnings is paid after a three-day waiting period.
- Single birth, bringing mothers number of children to one or two: 16 weeks (6 before birth, and 10 after)
- Single birth, bringing mothers number of children to three or more: 26 weeks (8 before birth, 18 after)
- Birth of twins: 34 weeks (12 weeks before, 22 weeks after) *
- Birth of triplets or more: 46 weeks (24 weeks before, 22 weeks after)
- If the mother suffers an illness during pregnancy, she is entitled to two additional weeks before birth, and four additional weeks after birth.
Paternity leave entitlement is 28 days, where at least 1 week is mandatory. This leave also covers same-sex (female and male) couples. Employers are responsible for paying 3 days of the leave, while social security covers the rest.