Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid leave depends on the length of service completed:
- Up to 1 year of employment- 10 days
- 1-2 years of employment- 12 days
- 2-3 years of employment- 15 days
- 4+ years of employment- 20 days
In addition to the leave, the employee is entitled to vacation pay, which must be paid out at least 3 days before the leave is taken.
There are 11 public holidays.
- Sick leave starts from the third day of sickness.
- Employees are entitled to up to 26 weeks of sick leave per year and can be extended up to 52 weeks.
- Pay is 66% of the average of the previous 3 months or 100% if the employee is hospitalized and has no dependents.
- Pay is split equally between the employer and social security.
Mothers are entitled to 10 weeks of 100% paid leave, with salary partially covered by the employer and the IHSS. 4 weeks of leave should be taken before delivery and 6 weeks should be taken after.
There are no statutory laws for paternity leave.