Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employees in Indonesia are entitled to receive 12 days of annual leave after they have worked for the same employer for 12 months consecutively. While they are on annual leave, employees receive full payment based on their regular daily payment.
- Employers must take at least 6 days of leave. If employees do not use their annual leave, it expires 6 months after the date they were supposed to take it. Employees and employers may agree upon monetary compensation for unused annual leave.
16 public holidays.
When employees are sick or injured, they are entitled to paid sick leave, provided they show a medical confirmation of their ill-health. Employees can also have long-term sick leave lasting for longer than 1 year. A doctor should recommend such leave in writing.
Payment to employees on prolonged sick leave is as follows:
- 100% in the first four months
- 75% in the second four months
- 50% the third four months
- 25% of wages until termination
Pregnant employees are eligible to take 3 months of paid maternity leave. 1.5 months of this leave is taken in the prenatal period, the other 1.5 months are taken after childbirth. During their maternity leave, employees receive their full salary. Female employees who miscarry are entitled to a 1.5-month rest period if it is recommended by a doctor.
Employers also should provide conditions to breastfeeding mothers in their workplaces.
New fathers are entitled to 2 days’ leave for the birth of their child or a miscarriage.