Paid Time Off (PTO)
PTO is calculated by the:
- Employees who have completed at least 6 months to 1 year of employment are entitled to 15 days of paid leave.
- After 1 year of employment, the employee is entitled to 30 days of paid leave.
There are 9 public holidays.
The duration of sick leave entitlement provided to workers is dependent on how long they have been employed by their employer:
- Sick leave is paid from the 3rd day of illness and the benefit is for up to 6 months and is covered by social security.
- Pay for sickness is 60% of the regular wages.
- However, if the employee is hospitalized, the 3 day waiting period is waived.
Maternity leave is 12 weeks and is paid at the rate of 100% of the regular wages in which 60% of this is paid by the employer and 40% is paid by social security. Maternity leave can begin 4 weeks from the expected due date.
For multiple births, maternity leave is extended to 14 weeks.
Fathers are entitled to 5 business days of paid leave.